Storytelling photography

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I've been dying to share this picture since I took it...but I wanted to have permission from these cuties first. They were a bit shocked when I said, "Okay, now shirts off. Let's see some muscles!" This picture is SOOOOO them! I think that's why I smile when I look at it. They are all about who is doing what and doing better. The perfect picture to tell the story of their relationship.

{more on story telling photography}
A few weeks ago, I was exposed to Andrew Newman...a groundbreaking photographer who told a story through his portraits. A story in terms of including details of a person's life to grasp who the person is and/or where they are in their life. I strongly recommend clicking on the link to see his work.


Some may say that the details Andrew includes are distracting and take up too much space. But if you notice, the mulitude of details give directionalilty to the subject and lead your eyes to whom the details tell the story of. It is all done with purpose. It's the details that make up each chapter in a person's story.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muscle beach! Looks almost like ocean waves in background. Very good.