Our California trip

Monday, July 5, 2010

Two weeks ago, we spent 5 days in Huntington Beach, California visiting our family and taking the kids to the beach for the first time.

Our girls have been talking about the ocean for months now, their talks have been filled with loads of questions about anything and everything that lives in the water. They have been so curious with it. A couple months ago, my husband and I planned our first trip there...and surprised the girls the night before we left. Needless to say, they were over the top happy and we loved seeing their faces.

The first trip to the beach was to just play in the sand and ocean...ending the night with the girls first beach bonfire. Once we were on the sand, I couldn't stop taking pictures wanting to capture each second of their expressions...and loving each second of it.

Here are several pictures from their time there.

The first time seeing the ocean.

Oh, I could just squeeze Camryn...I love her, love her energy and love how she loves everything. She's our little ball of energy.

Easton lucked out in finding an already made sand castle...
Here is Cashlyn just before she was taken down by a wave...it wasn't pretty and it took a bit before she would go near the water again.

Our Aunt Margaret lives in Huntington Beach...and she is basically an adult Disneyland for the girls and we love how they remember her for this.


Sprinting towards our bonfire...ready for a hotdog roast and smores. Even though the kids were exhausted, each second was fun...
This..THIS...picture makes my heart melt. My mother in law is an wonderful grandmother...and this picture is just a glimpse of how much she loves our girls.

What...say what...a family picture. Yep, it's true. One of our few pictures together since Easton was born.

By the time we took this picture, the sun had set and I desperately wanted a picture of us. It always stinks bringing my "big" camera places as it's not the most user friendly...

I set the ISO to 3200, set my focal point, put my camera in Program mode...and handed it over. I'm so glad I did...I just love this picture of us from our first trip to the ocean as a family.
Do you see the chair in the bottom corner of the picture below...Aunt Margaret surprised the kids with their own beach chair. Isn't it the cutest!?!
Ah...another Grammie picture that makes my heart melt.
Our trip to California was perfect...and I'm slowly getting back into the swing of them. When we came home we all started getting sick. The day after we came home I had a sinus infection starting and it took me to the ground...it was painful and I'm still trying to recover from it.

At this point, I have oodles more to blog, adorable pictures of a new hat from Cricket Creations, and a few more hats that I'm needing a sweet baby girl to model in.

Here's what I need:
-baby girl 2 weeks old {if possible}
-must travel to my house in South Gilbert/Queen Creek border
-signed copyright release for use of pictures for designer and myself

If you're interested, email me and I'll give you the details.

Lastly, I'm beginning to schedule sessions for the fall. I know I say it every year, but this year I really am going to be keeping a tight calendar. I've received a few emails regarding mini sessions, and yes...yes I will be doing mini sessions again this year. At this point, I'm thinking I'll schedule 2 evenings for mini sessions...if you're interested in a mini session, email me to be first on the list for the mini session details.

And, if you haven't visited me on Facebook...hop on over...I have {ahem} a business page. I love this aspect of Facebook as that's where I use it to release updates/sneak peeks before I post them on my blog...if you're a planner and like to know before the blog posts it, click the fun little "like" button and you'll be one of the first in getting updates.

ACK.....I can't believe I'm even thinking about fall sessions, where has the time gone. :::sniff sniff:::

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the family pic. It's so great to see the hubs...I havent' seen him in so long! Anyhow...when you start scheduling your mini sessions, let me know. I'd love for you to do our holiday family photos this year!!
Kasie

Sonja said...

Oh the picture with Nancy is so super sweet. It is like the poster for "gramma's love"! And I was glad to see YOU in one of the pictures! Great memories!

NP said...

Well I'm finally on the computer and I of course LOVE these pictures and appreciate your sweet comments ... as well as Sonja's :)
LYG, N