Chasing...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This sweet family was the first family for my mini session marathon this past Sunday.

Mini sessions are exciting, action filled, non stop and constant moving.

And, I can't forget to mention chasing the light. The location for this mini session was filled with glorious light everywhere. However, light doesn't just stay in one stop...no matter how much we will it. That's what's fun and challenging about location photography. Using the light that's available, knowing where it is and how you want to use it.

I had 4 families for this day...so, it was fun seeing how different the light was for each family time. It was sweet...with each passing 30 minutes, light gave me something new and fascinating. Now, don't get me wrong...there were places and things I wanted but the light just wasn't playing nice for me...at least how I like to play.

But...this family, got the first of the beautiful, glorious golden light that perfectly shined through the branches and leaves and reflected off the grass.


This is beautiful. While I like the color version, the black and white truly speaks peace. I'm not going to lie, I had been thinking of this couple and what I wanted to capture with them. I did love my sweet, yet brief time with them. It also gave them a good chuckle when I told them how excited I was...as I had been dreaming of them. Um, yeah! Didn't come out sounding right...what do you think! It did make us all laugh!

AGAIN, I really need to slow down and think before I speak!:)


2 comments:

NP said...

All of these are wonderful and I always like seeing a black and white one ~ was your dream in black and white also? You don't have to answer that :) LYG, N

SloneFamily said...

Absolutely Beautiful!