My favorite perfectly imperfect family session | Gilbert Family Photography

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Phew, for it being spring I have been almost as busy the past two months like it's the fall season.  I'm officially behind in keeping up with processing orders.  THIS session being the the most recent I'm behind my schedule on.  It's incredibly difficult for me when I'm behind schedule especially when there's a session that I'm dying to give it some blogging light.  And I personally know the mother in this family has been checking this blog every day and very patience in seeing her session.

I'd like to consider this my favorite perfectly imperfect family session.  For starters, when this family comes to Phoenix for a family vacation I'm flattered when I receive an email to schedule a session.  And this email was with fabulous news, they have a little boy.  I first photographed this family when their oldest was a little baby and here she is all grown up and full of little girl fashion.

We had a session date scheduled weeks before they arrived, then had one reschedule for Sedona trip and then random Arizona weather happened with wind gusts, dust storms and big grey clouds.  By the time we had their session, it was the day before they flew back to New York.

What makes this perfect is how the parents are extremely laid back, just smile through the chaotic moments with three little ones and soak up all the different personalities of their kids.

I'm going to attempt to sum up my rambling with how much fun I had with this family. 
The oldest: we could sit all day and chat about girl fashion.
The middle: Just laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh while finding new adventures.
The youngest:  TOTAL cardio workout partner or probably a great fitness trainer.

During the session, we dodged wind gusts and enjoyed the bursts of sunshine here and there. By the the end of the session, the perfect visit sharing stories of having girls.  When the session was over and I got a hug from both the parents, my heart melted in remembering how amazing photography has been to me in meeting families to watch grow.


Keep a little eye out for how many wardrobe changes there were with headbands, glasses and hats!  I just loved it.  Ah, the life of a little girl.

Gah!  I LOVE LOVE this picture below!  One day, ONE DAY, I hope to have a picture of me with my girls like this. Pure love.
Will and Chris, you TWO seriously rock it at raising amazing children!    Thanks for a fabulous family session and it was worth all the ups and downs with the wonky Arizona weather.

Onto my favorite outtakes!  Big sis checking out the wad of drool hanging from her brother's lip. 

1 comments:

NP said...

Oh my goodness Tami ~ all of these are amazing! I can see why they were anxious to see them . . . Now the BIG PROBLEM ... How to choose :) LYG