1st birthday with her first cake | Gilbert Family Photography

Friday, November 16, 2012

This session is definitely topping my favorite first birthday sessions.  The family decided to have a regular family session, opposed to my Milestone Mini Session so that they could be involved in the session.  I adored them wanting to be a part of this celebration session.  


For Harlowe's session, her grandmother shipped over a family heirloom to be used in the session.  An adorable little vanity set that was used by her great grandmother.
The mother made her daughter a smash cake for the end of the session.  I was a little worried about the steers on the property trying to take a little nibble on the cake...it took all of me to not devour the cake myself.  Sweet Harlowe wasn't too sure of her first experience with sugar and like a true girl, she was more in awe of the crystals on the cake stand than the cake itself.
Happy 1st birthday sweet Harlowe!

1 comments:

NP said...

Ummmm, those are all just darling. LYG, N