So reassuring...

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I took a huge deep breath from working this year and enjoyed these last couple months with having my family get more of my attention...yesterday I saw a glimpse of how it's helped my kids.

This year, every session I'd leave for would be started with Cashlyn crying and begging me not to go, with loads of tears shed. It always broke my heart while I would explain to her that taking pictures is my job, in turn helping provide for our family. And even with that explanation, it just didn't make sense to her feeling like my mind was always elsewhere during the days and nights.

That was just one reason I decided to put more of my focus on my family and dabble with work when it didn't take time away from them.

This year has brought on many changes for us...moving and the girls starting school. Both, equally, changing the dynamics of our days.

Yesterday I went on a session that was going to kick off my fall season. I had explained to the kids the day prior to that I would be going back to work. When the time came for me to leave, it was all smiles and waving goodbye.

Ahhhh, it felt so good to leave on that note. It felt right. The time was right. And the time I took my deep breath, was just what my family needed. I couldn't be happier.

My sweet little Cashlyn, proudly strutting her stuff in her new boots for Halloween. A few weeks ago, she made the decision she wanted to be Jesse from Toystory. All she had left to decide on was whether or not she wanted the boots or the costume from the Disney store....there was no way I was going to spend $70 on a costume.

After chatting about how I could make her costume if she just got the boots, she was sold on the idea.

Which I absolutely love...those boots are glued to her feet.
Jesse boots+favorite tutu+preferred tanktop= the ULTIMATE outfit

She's happily wore her dazzling outfit three days in a row!

...................................................................................................................
This week is what I considered my official week back to work. My head has been spinning with the piles of paperwork, follow ups to do, adding a mini session date, catching up on emails and getting caught up so I can start my workflow for this fall.

Things have changed quite a bit this fall, I've taken available days off my calendar and resetting my workflow. I'm excited to get started and thankful that I have my family here to entertain my kids so I can hide out in the office.

I hope each of you have had a fabulous weekend!

1 comments:

NP said...

OMG ~ Cash looks just ADORABLE!!! I'm searching for Papa so he can see her before I close out. What a precious little model. She told me how excited she was about these boots and now I can see why! LYG, N