Today was ZOO day!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

With these past few weeks loaded with stress, I was ultra happy when my kids and I had a fun trip to the zoo with friends they've known since being in diapers.

NOW, remember when I wrote I was cutting back on my sessions each month? Well, this meant you would be seeing more of my kids and reading more about my personal side in life.

So...get ready for personal picture overload! There were so many pictures, I uploaded them randomly...so get ready to view them randomly.
........................................................................................................
We kicked off our venture with a visit to Phoenix Zoo's newest giraffe exhibit.

My Cash LOVES, loves giraffes. So I was uber excited to go with her to capture her first in person, up close and personal visit. Sadly, she wanted to stay at a very far, arms length while her twin and friend, Mr. R, was able to feed them.
Right when I walked up...I turned to find this fella checking me out and randomly snapped a picture. LOVE it!

Um, hello incredibly long tongue!
Our friend Mr. R was so cute. When we were leaving the exhibit, he began crying and saying something about a kiss and the giraffe.

Not quite understanding what he was sad about, I asked...

Me: What R? You wanted to kiss the giraffe?
R: No. I wanted the giraffe to kiss me.
Me: Huh?

So cute...still not sure where this came from as it was also new to his mom.
We made a visit to the petting part of the zoo! My animal lover, wrestler and mangler Cam cracked us up with her headlock hugs!

The poor goats in the petting zoo probably go through kid craziness thousands of times a day.
While the zoo has had their sting ray exhibit, this was our first trip inside.
And attempting to touch a shark....eek! I think Cam might be the girl version of the Crocodile Hunter.
My Cash was proud of showing off her balancing abilities! She loves dance class and her teacher...I'm thinking Ms. Tracy would be pretty proud of her practicing, even at the zoo.
And, I now bring you the world's fastest carousel! This carousel ride at the zoo is 9.5 seconds long and at mach speed.

{see the girl on the left? it was random, every picture I tried to take...there she was, flashing her pipes and rubbing it in that she's still holding strong in bootcamp}
My Easton...our other animal lover. Aside from seeing my parent's horses, this was his first animal experience...and he wanted each animal to be seen but not too close.

Here he was, he eyed each goat and finally sat by some goat that was probably dooped up on a mood stabilizer to deal with the mad kid attacks.

{notice the chia pet hair! ugh...you can hide grown out hair on girls, but boys...they need to haircuts OFTEN!}
Cam asked my friend JuJu about the goats small horns, so cute. I have no clue who the boy is, so I happily slapped my watermark across his face.

3 of our 5 kids...one silly, one shining her pearly whites and the other just tolerating.
Again...just looking but not getting too close.
I love my Cash...tatoo and all! Which by the way, I swear I bath my daughter she just wants her tattoo permanently on her arm.

........................................................................................................
Tomorrow is Thursday and again, I'm asking where did the week go? And, are we really in March already!?!

Tomorrow I also get to have a fun adult lunch with a friend I LOVE! I can't wait...I can't wait to eat without worrying if my kid's food is bite size enough.

And then...Friday I'm off for a weekend roadtrip with two great girls to an amazing photography workshop in Utah. A workshop I was thankful I landed a seat in, actually my girlfriend helped me land my seat as I was in Seattle when registration was happening and she snagged it for me. While right now, I reeeeeally need to be home dealing with our latest and greatest...I'm happy to go to my first workshop in a year.

I love attending workshops. There is so much in photography to learn, I've barely even scratched the surface. Each workshop is a huge investment but so worth it! I can't wait to bring back all that I've learned to apply to my sessions.

And while I'm writing about sessions, March is booked. I have two dates left for April and I'll soon be announcing my mini session date.

In April, I have a HUGE project I'm humbled and honored that I was asked to be a part of. I can't wait to share it with you.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Seriously... are you going to Jake Garn's workshop??? If so, I'm completely and utterly jealous!! Come back and teach me EVERYTHING! Luv ya!