Ramblings....and I'm off!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

If you've followed my blog...you've seen my gorgeous friend. Here is L...I've been lucky to know her since she was 6! In July, she'll be 21! Now she towers over me and is the big sister to my girls. Every summer, she spends portions of her vacation with me. My girls LOVE her...and have grown up with her. She has grown to be an INCREDIBLE amount of help to me! And while she has her limitations, there really are no limits when it comes to my girls.

We were out and about today...and running late as usual...I picked up one of my girls to hurry and told L to grab the other. As she was walking behind me, carrying my Cam...I heard her tell Camryn she was getting too big to hold! Oh, she just cracks me up! What really makes me smile is knowing that my girls bring the best out of her. There is a world in her that I have yet to see, and my girls see it all. My girls are blessed...she is an amazing girl and the possibilities she has in life are limitless. And I smile BIG knowing my girls will be a part of her life.
Here are three of my favorite girls. If you could have only been there to hear L direct the girls for this picture...



I started to get the items together for my hint shoot, and then realized I had a million other things that didn't need my attention...but demanded it! So...no hints...I'm just telling it.

I am jumping for joy! I will finally be taking a trip to our families cabin this weekend. I'll have my unplugged day while I'm up there. The weekend will be filled with all that I love...
reading, hanging out on the porch, coffee in the morning and wine in the evening, tv time, going to bed early, tons of walks, and fishing. Ahhhhh, I can hardly stand it! No computer, no cell phone and cooler weather!

Here is my magazine stack! AND yes, there are magazines from November of last year YET to be read!
NOW for the ramblings!

A few weeks ago, my Cam found a caterpillar in our backyard. Oh she LOVED it! It was her pet. She was beaming ear to ear each second she had with it. That was until she put in the grass, and well, she lost it. My baby was heartbroken.

When we went to Walmart, I told the girls they could each pick out a treat to buy. My Cash picked LipSmackers and Cam picked worms. THOSE are my twins! They are as different as they look.

We took the worms over to our friends house. Cam soon assumed the nickname Lenny from the book, Of Mice and Men. It wasn't long until we noticed the worms were taking eternal naps.

Getting her to share the worms with her friend was TOUGH! He really did like the worm, just wasn't a huge fan of getting a picture with it.

And my baby...oh, my sweet Lenny!
A fun Easton update...he's sitting! Yep, he has gone upright!
He's sitting and he's falling! I just love this little guy...like obsessed love...like I don't think I'll ever let him move out obsessed.





He is the happiest baby!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I KNOW I will!

4 comments:

SloneFamily said...

Ok, how cute are your girls! In that picture with L... all the sudden they look really grown up!! And Easton, can I just squeeze his thighs?! He is so chunky, I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh ~ I can hardly wait till you get here and do all those fun things you described together!!!! The pictures are absolutely adorable and I'm totally cracking up. L is BEAUTIFUL! LYG, N

Allison said...

How cute are our girls together?!! I love these pics--must have prints for her new room. I love you and these girls! (and that fat baby!)

Anonymous said...

Wow! L looks beautiful. Give her a squeeze for me (if she remembers).
Have a fun trip!
Kasie