My TWINkie! |Gilbert Maternity Photography|

Sunday, June 21, 2009

I LOVE being a twin...like scream from the rooftop LOVE!  But the sad truth is....it was a love/dislike relationship....having a twin was fab growing up and then my sister and I hit an akward age and we LOATHED being twins.   Thankfully, our twin love rekindled around out early twenties! 

{side note}The part we didn't like about being identical twins was ... the comparisons...it SUCKED!  The comparisons were NEVERENDING....who's smarter? who's prettier? why can't you sit still like your sister?  why can't you be quiet like your sister? blah blah blah!  AND guess who was asked...why can't you be quiet like your sister!?!? YEP, little ol me!  Surprising, I KNOW!

My twin.  She is honestly my everything!  Don't get me wrong, my kids and my husband are my EVERYTHING but my twin is a different everything.  She is me, she knows me, she gets me, and she is and will always be with me.  AND, while we get TONS of twin "power" questions...sadly, I have no idea about that "twin feeling" but my sister does.  It's kinda creepy sometimes the things she knows and senses...I guess I might have those same feelings if my mind wasn't bouncing off the walls and ceilings every second...it would only require my mind be peaceful for a minimum of 10 seconds I guess!  Oh, but no time for that!:)

I do love my sister!  If you've ever asked me about my twin, the one word that would sum her up is SMART!  My sister is incredibly smart!  Like, it's not normal to be that smart!  Like, when I was 8 years old I would get her to do my homework smart so I could read Tiger Beat!  Like, get her to help me weasel my way out of ANYTHING smart.  OKAY...basically, my sister is extremely smart..textbook smart, nothing comes hard for her smart, a walking medical encyclopedia smart, talks like she's a walking dictionary smart, working on getting her doctorate smart, and almost everything smart.  Me...I could tell you TONS about the lastest Hills season on MTV and why I think "Spiedi"  needs to be put in a timeout and then get thrown over my legs to be spanked!  My sister and I are TOTALLY different!  The BEST thing, I so love our differences!  AND I'm proud of my sister.

Right now, my sister is expecting her second baby!  A baby girl!  

My soon-to-arrive niece's name will be the name my brother in law loved since he was younger!  How cute is that!?!  My sister's husband is from Montreal, and is French Canadian! While I'd love to give the name away to blogland, I don't quite have permission yet.  BUT I can say, it's a classic girl name from his country.

My sister was such a trooper during her maternity session!  My camera and I weren't getting along during her shoot...it was so incredibly frustrating!  But, my sister and husband stayed patient!  LoVED my cooperative models!

My sister never ONCe complained...but did need to take a few breaks!  Warning....it's not legal to look this good pregnant!  Last time I saw her, I thought how sick and wrong it was that a pregnant girl looked better than a non-prego girl!
Exciting news....I plan on photographing her birth!  Ahhhhh!  I can hardly contain myself!  There is only one problem...I have a commitment on July 4th that I can absolutely not get out of...meaning, I would be condemned to H E double hockey sticks if I tried!  Good thing is ... it's for only a few hours!  Let's just hope she doesn't come during those hours! I was lucky to witness my sister welcome her son and I can't wait to be part of the welcoming party for her daughter!  I'll be sure to keep you all updated!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love these beautiful pictures AND your beautiful words about your twin sister! LYG, N
PS ~ It's 9 a.m. and so far a pj day :)

Anonymous said...

Yep! She is SOOO pretty and really the two of you are both sick and wrong for being so beautiful while you are pregnant making the rest of us feel like unworthy slobs!
m

Jodie Allen said...

OMG Tami! She is beautiful!!! GORGEOUS! I'd love to see the two of you together! :)

maggie said...

Absolutely STUNNING & amazing work, Tams. She is *glowing.* SO happy you did this shoot and I just LOVE the location. Perfection, girlie!