Life...with kids!

Monday, March 30, 2009

I think what I love most about photographing children...is when they're themselves.

No forced smiles....no sitting nicely with hands in laps...no slight head tilt while pleasantly gazing into my camera...or softly looking to the left to leave just enough room for me to stamp a foiled studio logo in the dead space.  It curiousity, laughter, tickling, running, and talking.

It's just kids being kids...reminding us how with each second that passes is one more second we won't get back in their lives.  How each second is characterized by their personality: their giggles, their sassiness, and all that makes them.  And capturing each second of those sweet, fleeting, goofy moments is what I love about my job.

Who wouldn't love this picture?  




What a blonde cutie...full of curls and sweetness! Surely a dreamy one!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what beautiful, precious children. This was a GREAT way to start my day!

SloneFamily said...

Oh My gosh that little Blonde playing with her curls is to die for!

Leah said...

Hey Tami...those curls are TDF! I was just thinking about you the other day...hope you are well...2 sets is kickin my booty! My fam blog is

www.4peoplebirthdays.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!