Fab time!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Well, I'm home and with my mind swirling in every single direction possible.


My photog girlfriends and I had been arranging a photography get away at our friend's familys ranch since December of last year. It seemed forever away, taking forever to get here and now it's over! Phew....things definitely fly by fast. My friend's ranch is outside of Prescott, Arizona...an hour and a half away from Phoenix. We drove up...and one point Jessica said we were in the middle of nowhere...she had no idea what middle of nowhere was until we REALLY arrived to where we would be staying! After we made it to the main ranch house, my girlfriend took us back to where we would be staying...30 minutes down a windy, narrow and rough road!


We were literally in the middle of nowhere and in HEAVEN! In the middle of the Arizona desert, sat a beautiful bunkhouse in a green valley. And joined by a natural spring flowing just to the right of the house, with a natural sprint pond in front, with colts running free, with the sound of the water running through and over rocks, and surrounded by the beauty of spring time in Arizona.

The bunk house we stayed in.
The road that led up to our retreat.
Three of the four colts running free...they were getting a bit sketchy running towards us. Shortly after this picture....all these colts could see were four photographers rearends walking at a mad pace, cradling cameras, holding down a relector being blown around by the crazy wind that day and giggling!
The natural spring water from the spring pond behind the fence.
The natural spring pond.
My sweet friend, Maggie McDonald, cheering us on during our late night jibber jabber and what not photography sharing. We actually are holding a STRONG first place for having the most technology this house has ever had....and ever will.
Spending the weekend with these three incredibly talented ladies was just what this "momtog" needed! We shared ideas, gave advice, taught eachother and had ONE incredible time together. Our time was fast and a bit too short...one thing we would have changed was add another day for rest and recovery as Saturday was filled with 6 hours of shooting.


Introducing Maggie...fun story on how we met...through her blog! She was actually one of my first photographer friends and it was love at first blog comment! :) She is the master of supporting her friends, queen of relaxing, and all things photography.
Meet one of the fabulous Washington photographers...Jen Fox. She has an incredible eye for photographic style and creates her vision PERFECTLY with her subjects. I was in awe of watching her execute her ideas.


stupid side note: I was seriously harassed for creating a senior portrait of Jen...at one point I threatened that I would create a foil stamp to place on her portrait! So of course, Jen, rock on Class of 2009 Indian Springs graduate!

AND Jessica Nichols... she is the ultimate guru in "you name it, she knows it!" She is now titled, "Go to girl....for Lightroom, harddrives....and ANYTHING that is technological!" She has it down! Also a master with capturing children...rockin' out her 70-200 lens.


Here is my girlfriend...and proudly one of my closest friends. Tammy and I met in high school
{rock on, class of 1993}, and have been friends ever since! It's her husband's family that owns this ranch that so graciously shared it with my friends and I! Didn't she make a stunning model!
Her adorable daughter.

One of our other ADORABLE models... How fun is that hair!?!

I left this weekend with a gazillion ideas from these three uber talented photographers that I can proudly call my friends! They were so helpful in steering me in the perfect direction.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Tammy looks so beautiful. I love her hair brown. ro

jen said...

oh, tams. words are not enough. thanks for the awesome weekend! loves.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you even had the energy to post these awesome pictures! I wish you could have had more time together.
LYG,
Nancy

SloneFamily said...

Tami... I just got to catch up on your blog, and I am so happy you got a weekend away. I also just read your post partum/ reality blurb and my heart is just wrenching for you. BUT I know that you are such an Amazing Mom to your kids, and they are really lucky to have you! You're one of the hardest working Moms I know. Give yourself a pat on the back Tami-- You're Superwoman, You ARE doing it all. I can't imagine working, life is so complicated already! OK, so one day come drop the girls off for a day or something... we just got a new playground with swings in the back, they'll love it! Catch up on some work or alone time with little Easton, Whatev! Just know that we are less than 10 mins away and you can take me up on it ANYTIME! Lots of Love... Hang in there :)

Leah said...

What a fun time! I am super jealous....you are such a great photog and mom...thanks for sharing so much with us....

maggie said...

Oh man. I JUST got to this and smiled the entire time I was reading about (and viewing) our spectacular weekend. ONE MORE DAY next year, right? ;)

The "senior pic" of Jen made me laugh out loud!

Tams you are INCREDIBLE. Thanks so much for such an awesome weekend. {mwah!}